Thursday, June 5, 2014

Final Reflection EGT

A.   One of the most valuable lessons I learned in this class was how to think about interpreting different aspects of life. By using the DIE model (Describe, Interpret, Evaluate) I think that this will help me understand and realize certain things more thoroughly than I would have been able to previously. Had I gone to Spain before knowing this, I would have undoubtedly fallen into many assumptions that may not have been true. Thankfully, now I can discern what is actual description and what is just me drawing conclusions.
B.   I definitely want to take a look at the urban planning aspect of cities, and, because of my interest in economics and math (and numbers in general), the economic aspect of countries. First though, I want to be able to further understand how cities are laid out. By doing so, I can learn more about places I travel to, and might be able to observe any connections. The economic aspect is obviously important to me, especially coming from a Greek background, and that I will be in Spain. Both countries have had economic turmoil and any knowledge about that will help.
C.   I will be in Spain, and I think adjusting to living in a new environment will be difficult, but I have specific reasons. First, I love big cities and have always wanted to live in one, but I will be without my family and on my own (of course I'll have a host and other resources, but the fact remains). Living on another continent in one of the largest cities in the world will definitely be a challenge for me, but I'm excited for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment